''SUPER'' vehicle fleet manager, Ste-Martine (Suroît Propane)
We are looking for a dynamic individual to manage the fleet of vehicles. We currently have one (1) full-time position available at our branch located in Sainte-Martine. Would you like to be part of a “SUPER” team? Click on the link “Learn More” for all the details.
The fleet manager is responsible for keeping vehicles in good working condition according to the manufacturer’s specifications, legal aspects, road safety and fleet cleanliness.
- Verify all pre-departure inspections before drivers start their deliveries and make corrections/take action if necessary.
- Communicate with the drivers following the corrections made after their pre-departure inspections.
- Manage the maintenance and repairs for the fleet of vehicles under his supervision.
- Ensure compliance with road transport regulations, law 430 among others, and ensures the records remain up to date.
- Responsible for maximizing the “Fleet Complete” software (managing truck maintenance and improving driving habits).
- Ensures the internal and external cleaning of vehicles.
- Ensures the compliance of vehicle maintenance according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In charge of safety and accident investigations.
- Manages the SAAQ files (law 430, registration, plate), the CTQ and Transport Canada.
- Prepares purchase orders, receipt forms, and authorize all vehicle repairs. Analyzes the total cost invested or spent per vehicle and recommends replacing them if necessary.
- Negotiates agreements with a qualified garage for our maintenance and repair needs (hourly rate, repair times, and profit margin on parts).
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience related to the position (3 years)
- DEC in transport;
- Mechanics competency card (asset);
- Knowledge of mechanics;
- Holder of valid class 3 driver’s license;
- Class 1 license (asset);
- Ability to visualize the tasks to be carried out weekly to monthly and monthly to annually;
- Experience with different computer software, including the Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of the legislation of the road safety code for hazardous material.
- Customer attitude, internal and external;
- Rigor and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent team working ability;
- Organizational skills;
- Sense of initiative and autonomy;
- Attentive and meticulous about quality service.